Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A DAY IN THE LIFE

Just another bad night

Had a fight with my Michelle

She says we never talk

I say there’s wars to quell

I tell her I’m the President

She tells me go to hell




I wake up really early

Fox News is on the tube

The things they say about me

Make me look like such a boob

That goddamn Oval Office

Is like a prison cube




Gotta wait till later

To do important work

First there are the Boy Scouts

And then some Right-Wing jerk

Every time there’s trouble

He looks at me and smirks




Can’t laugh or smile no more

Can’t even hear some jokes

It might offend a friend or foe

Or just some plain ol’ folks

I swear I’d give my right nut now

To just take one small toke




I need to be a Leader so

That my image does reflect

I’ve got to watch my P’s and Q’s

And don’t show disrespect

Even all my meals should be

Politically correct




I got an urgent phone call

Biden’s opened up his trap

Explaining that there is no place

Called Heaven on the map

The Pope was not impressed

With this atheistic crap




Is it really possible

To have chosen as a mate

Such a fumbling imbecile

And I guy I really hate

That can’t go 20 minutes

Without taking Fox’s bait




There’s trouble in the Middle East

So tell me something new

Everybody there is nuts

I just don’t have a clue

I’d like to take them all

And beat them black and blue




Then there’s global warming

According to St. Gore

Big deal he has a Nobel Prize

Does that make him so pure

Try selling that tobacco farm

You overbearing bore




It’s dinner time already

And the baby wants a bra

She tells me that she hates me

And the big one wants a car

Michelle suggests I tell them

Exactly who you are




I’m back in bed already

I haven’t done a thing

Health care is just another song

For someone else to sing

On TV I see Biden’s face

And then the phone goes “Ring”

Author’s Note:

My cousin Johanna inspired this poem with her keen, probing insight and love of the abstract. The satirical element was based on Cicero’s clever descriptions of the early Roman period. The tri-modular rhythmic cadence was borrowed from the pre-Napoleonic Florentine poets. The typeface is a 12-point Times New Roman font. This is fast becoming the preferred typeface of Supreme Court Justices.

1 comment:

  1. wow - i think i know this dude your odeing about
    i think he used to sell me stuff outside of chicago - best black market sucrets ever - cubs man wow - what was i saying - oh yea gonna see gerry garcia on fri night - maybe not - time for my meds - see you soon connor dude

    ReplyDelete